One of my favorite euphemisms of this political season is Low Information Voter. It describes a person who lacks a basic understanding of the issues, yet stills feels compelled to vote.
In fact, I like the term so much that I felt compelled to apply it to my favorite group: developers. Here’s my list of things (in no particular order) that would make one a Low Information Developer. Enjoy!
You’re a Low Information Developer if you…
- Think that all data must be stored in relational databases
- Don’t know that languages other than Java run on the JVM
- Don’t know about functional programming concepts
- Don’t use a CSS pre-processor
- Don’t use mocks in your unit tests
What’s on your list?
You may also like:
Did you love / hate / were unmoved by this post?
Then show your support / disgust / indifference by following me on Twitter!