Ok, How Do I Choose?Some factors to consider when choosing a charting library include:
- what types of charts you want (bar, stack, line, Probability correlation coefficient plot, etc)
- how you want them to look (gradients, 3D, pictures of kittens in the background, etc)
- how interactive you need them to be (fully click-able, updated in real time, telepathically rendered, etc)
- what devices you need to support (phones, tablets, toasters, etc)
- gRaphael: open source, based on the brilliant vector graphics manipulation library Raphael developed by Dmitry Baranovskiy
- High Charts: commercial, from a Norwegian company Highsoft
You may also like:
Did you love / hate / were unmoved by this post?
Then show your support / disgust / indifference by following me on Twitter!